POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Possible IRTC entry (18kbu) : Re: Possible IRTC entry (18kbu) Server Time
28 Sep 2024 10:11:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible IRTC entry (18kbu)
From: Stephen Bell
Date: 4 Apr 2001 14:50:11
Message: <3acb6ce3$1@news.povray.org>
> It's supposed to be ice. I considered adding a brick normal but
> thought that would remove the 'not of this world' feeling. Looking
> aain, I think the ambient is too high.

Yes, I think the ambient is the problem.  Where is the light source?  It
looks like the end of the bridge is very bright. Is it at the base of the
castle?  How did you make your ice?  Is it just a transparent block with
ior, or did you use some media effects?  I think it would look more like ice
if you gave the ice a bit of white media effect (bubbles in the ice?) and
cast the light up onto it, maybe from several spotlights around the castle.
That's a nice landscape heightfield.  Now I finally see what the northern
lights were for.  :-)

Stephen Bell
http://students.oc.edu/stephen.bell